Oh wait, they aren't in the playoffs this year. Neither are the Cardinals; Mom's favorite team. And neither are the Yankees; Dad's God-forsaken favorite. Guess I'll root for the Rockies though I know Boston is going to cream them.We did catch some Braves games in 2007. Here we are in August when it was really, really hot. I did okay, mostly conserving my energy by having Dad tote me around on his shoulder. He says that he's happy to help now but that it'll contribute to his use of a "walker" by the time I graduate from high school -- not that there is anything wrong with a walker. Like most American's, I'm pretty much focused on the here-and-now.
Please join us for a Braves game. We usually have a great time though Mom and Dad experience conflict over their versions of the baseball experience. Mom likes to go to her seats and eat dogs and peanuts. Dad prefers to hit the Chop Shop for nachos and beers. Granny Reichert joined us this summer for a Chop Shop experience and we had a lot of fun. She kept striking up a conversation with a family from Augusta with a son/husband in Iraq. Dad doesn't mind watching the game on the monitor. Psstt.... He's not a true baseball lover though he did win one of his fantasy leagues this year.
We'll see you next season when the Braves get rid of Andrew Jones. Join us for a game.
No comments:
Post a Comment